Fees and Insurance
Chrysalis Counseling accepts the following insurance:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Anthem
Chrysalis Counseling participates in the following EAP programs:
- BCBS Anthem
- American Behavioral
We are happy to accept and utilize your insurance benefits. When using your insurance benefits, you’ll be expected to be aware of the limits of your coverage, your copay, and other information pertaining to your mental health benefits. Some information you will want to compile:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Before using your insurance benefits, we encourage you to do some research. Gather information, and make an informed decision from all your options. We encourage you to consider self-pay for the following reasons:
- Diagnosis, label, medical record – Using your insurance benefits means that Chrysalis Counseling professionals will need to assess you for a mental health diagnosis. Insurance companies will only pay when a mental illness is identified and submitted to justify the need for care. This becomes part of your medical record. To be honest, many things that bring people to counseling do not require or “fit” a mental health diagnosis.
- Access to greater services – Insurance has a narrow and limited list of services they will pay for. For example, most insurance companies won’t pay for marital therapy, in spite of the research that supports how marital therapy benefits health, individuals, families and employers. By negotiating a private pay arrangement, our therapists can provide services such as educational support, divorce support, wellness and complementary support for medical issues.
- Confidentiality and privacy – By definition, submitting to your insurance company exposes your medical information to administrative persons, insurance companies, etc. You essentially “lose control” over who gets access to that information. It’s one thing to have unknown persons know about your seasonal allergies or broken leg, but your mental health diagnosis?
- Therapeutic Integrity – If you use your benefits, the insurance company tracks and monitors the therapist’s intake, assessment, treatment plan, progress. Insurance benefits for mental health are frequently limited. That functionally means a stranger is monitoring your treatment, and becomes a part of your “team” that determines access to care.
If we are not on your network but Chrysalis Counseling appears to be a good “fit”, you may want to consider becoming a self-pay client. We will be happy to provide a complete statement for you to file with your insurance company for reimbursement. You may then get reimbursed at the “out of network” rate. The rate of services for Chrysalis Counseling professionals is $125 per hour for individuals and $150 per hour for couples and families. Reduced or “sliding scale fees” are available on a limited basis. Chrysalis Counseling may also refer out to local practitioners who may be a better budget match.
No show or late-cancellation fees of $50 will apply.
Cash, check, debit, credit and most flexible spending accounts